Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Clarification

Here is a point of clarification: Your metabolism does not change after a certain time. For example, if you eat after 8:00, it does not just go straight to storage (fat). I think we are all aware of this. The point of having an eating "cut-off" time is so that you are not consuming more calories than you should.
For example, after you put the kids to bed, you decide to have a bowl of ice cream. When you do this, you are consuming an extra 300 kcal, which over the course of a week can equal one pound of weight gain!
So, the reason for having an eating cut-off time is to save yourself from eating those extra calories. And come on, let's face it, you are usually not eating the healthiest foods into the evening hours, are you?

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Thanks Holly~!

Ashlee said...

I always eat whole grains after I put the kids to bed. What are you talking about? :0)

Melissa said...

Thanks Holly for helping me to making the point I was trying to make. You explained it much more clearly than I did. THANKS! That really helps!